Friday, November 30, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day!


This was my first time participating in Food Pen Pals! Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean puts this together every month.

FPP post Foodie Penpals

I was so excited to make my package for my foodie pen pal, and I was also waiting anxiously and excited to get my package. I haven’t had a pen pal in years, and years. And for this to involve food – way too cool!

My foodie pen pal, Janet!,  contacted me soon after the pairs were made, and asked me a few questions about my food preferences. I was open to anything (except Cilantro and Olives). And then I waited to see what she would create. And WOW I was blown away by an awesome package at my doorstep! It arrived on a Saturday… I had just gotten home from shopping with my mother-in-law. She is a wonderful mother-in-law. But, she has an addiction to shopping. No joke. Shopping with her makes me so exhausted, it takes me a week to recover. I can run marathons, but I am convinced she has better endurance than I do. So anyways, back to my box – I needed a pick me up and I tore into the box… and saw so much yumminess inside! I almost ate it all in one sitting… but I reigned myself in and took a quick picture, read the notecard and found out what it all was – and then I had a few bites of the most accessible item- homemade Samoa bites! I had seen these on Chocolate Covered Katie, but I’d never gotten to make them! Deliciousness! Side note: these same Samoa bites and german chocolate fudge babies are also what got me through Black Friday shopping! Perfect little bite size creations.

The rest of the box was equally incredible. A few treats from a local place near her. And then some great oatmeal with flaxseed (RAW pure&simple)– pomegranate flavor. I ended up eating these with some fruit and cinnamon on top. The aroma was great when this was cooking in the microwave. A little hot tea, and I had my perfect chilly morning meal. I haven’t tried the Seeds of Change quinoa yet but I LOVE garlic and can’t wait to eat it up on a night when hubby has guy’s night (or takes his mother shopping!) because he doesn’t like garlic so I can have it all to myself. Then there was holiday spice coffee, and some crackers (Mary’s gone crackers – too cute a name!).

I couldn’t have been more thrilled with my package- thank you JANET!

Looking forward to participating in Foodie Pen Pal again!

1 comment: